Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Ed spots a Heathkit HW-101 in The Royal Tenennbaums

Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, Ed, who writes:

I was in my corner bar last night in Philadelphia where “The Royal Tenennbaums” (2001) was playing on the projection screen. I wasn’t really watching it, but a scene showing a Heathkit HW-101 HF transceiver suddenly caught my eye. When I told my my drinking buddy, Richard, “That’s a Heathkit HW-101!” He called me a hopeless geek.

I’m not sure what tuner is on the shelf below it, but maybe a SWLing blog reader can identify it.

Great job spotting the HW-101, Ed!

Ed actually sent this tip to me several months ago, but it got buried in my drafts folder–sorry about that!



from rssfeed10 http://ift.tt/2lZZBih
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment