Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I am a student and I want to get into all of this fun. Where do I start?

I know some basics of how this works, seen lot’s of hacks, but I have no knowledge of the chips that are being used, software and etc.

I am thinking of using it on my Windows machine, but I have no problem using Linux. I’ve done some Arduno projects and I am a Computer Science/Software engineering student, so I may know some stuffs.

Which is the best one on ebay for <10$?

No. 1. I like it because it’s small, it’s said in wiki that it has accurate crystals. Small – overheats?

No. 2. Bigger and bluer. EDIT: Easier to mod?

Or should I buy one with antenna included, because I have no antennas at my place? (Although I have many cables and other things lying around, may use that for a diy antenna, I’d just need the connector.)

What do you think?

submitted by /u/ashirviskas
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8224975 http://ift.tt/2lYa3oG
via IFTTT




from WordPress http://ift.tt/2lZg5FE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment