Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Looking for participants in radio art project on 12/8.

Howdy all. I’m a student at the San Francisco Art Institute and I’m doing a performance piece for one of my final projects.

In the morning (after 9:00 AM Pacific) and evening (after 6:00 PM), I’ll be sending out a number of images. I haven’t decided whether to use SSTV or facsimile yet; fax has the advantage of high resolution, and SSTV has the advantage of not taking five minutes for a single image. FLdigi seems to receive fax just fine.

After I send an image, I’m asking that anyone who received it key up and describe what they see.

My class will be watching and listening in the morning (final critique aaaaaa) and anyone who wanders up to the roof I’ll be on during our class show will be there in the evening. I’ll have a computer set up to receive the outgoing signal using its mic so people can see what it looks like.

I’ll be on 20m with my Drake B-line twins, transmitting out of San Francisco with 100-150 watts, so folks on the east coast may be out of luck.

Let me know if you’re planning to participate in the morning or evening. I may also make a post on QRZ about this; the more viewpoints, the better.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/atomicthumbs
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gLnQQD
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment