Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Thursday, December 1, 2016

APRS Decoding with a UV5-R and APRS Droid.

I feel like I have been on the verge of decoding APRS for a while now (without a dedicated TNC).

At first I was trying to use SDR and my sound card to decode, and that was uncooperative. I have now moved to using APRS Droid and the good old UV5-R. Again, I feel like I’ve almost got it.

I can plug my phone into my computer, and play audio from YouTube and it will decode that, I can plug my radio into my phone and use the audio recorder, and I can hear the radio, but APRS Droid can’t seem to decode the packets from the radio.

Could I not be hearing whole packets? I’m not in the best geographic location. My only other guess as to what is wrong is maybe something with the audio output of the radio?

I know someone out there has to be able to decode APRS without a TNC, anyone have any input as to what could be wrong over here?

submitted by /u/Khakikadet
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gY1sUF
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment