Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Monday, November 28, 2016

Have J-Pole. Need mount.

So over the weekend, I sat down with 50 feet of coax, 10 feet of copper pipe, and a blowtorch. Now I have a 2m 1/4 λ J-Pole. It actually does a better job than the packaged antenna I bought for that band–it can hit the repeater 3 miles away without sounding too quiet (but I’ve still got a setting problem on the radio itself–I really don’t know this unit that well).

However, I need to get this thing in the air. I just don’t care about any restrictions, as that’s not a major issue. The apartment complex would have yelled at me some time ago about the massive non-working antenna mount I’d had before if they really cared.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/thephotoman
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gzVGEy
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment