Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Question about coax grounding

I’m getting prepared to install my base station and had a question regarding grounding my coax. From what I can tell, it’s desirable to tie my coax ground into my utility ground – like what u/xradionut did.

The entry point for my coax into the house happens to be where a ground wire is sticking out and wrapped around a natural gas line/meter. Would it be safe to bond my lightning arrestor to this ground?

If not, would it be acceptable to ground using a single 8′ copper pipe? It is absolutely necessary to bond to the utility ground?

Edit: to clarify, I’m talking about the electrical ground for the lightning arrestor, not the antenna ground elements.

submitted by /u/mumrah
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2g1uQFf
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment