After reading this post on the sub a couple weeks ago:
I decided to buy one and see for myself. They are about double the cost of the Baofengs. I thought there might be a good chance that there is some quality reflected in the higher price.
/u/kd8twg brought his Spectrum Analyzer and a service monitor to a local meeting to test a variety of radios. Radios were tested for spectral purity, deviation, and frequency alignment. The Quansheng I purchased from Amazon definitely failed on spectral purity. It’s clearly not compliant with Part 97 for spurious emissions. Here is the spectrum analyzer display:
It’s a shame, because the radio endeared itself to me. I found it very simple to use most features, and relatively simple to program. I especially liked the tone scan feature. While many of the amateur radios from Yaesu / Kenwood / Icom have this feature, I’ve never seen this feature on a Chinese radio. It’s a feature that I use quite a bit when I travel.
This radio is not compliant with Part 97. It’s not legal to use for Amateur Radio. So I will not use it. Luckily Amazon is good about returns. It’s going back.
submitted by /u/rem1473
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2eWoju9
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment