I got my technician license about five weeks ago and have been somewhat active on the local repeaters. That does get a little old after a while so today, I went out and picked up a magmount 1/4 wave whip and put it on top of my car to drive around with my Baofeng. Tuned into the 2m calling frequency 146.520 and finally got my first simplex QSO with N1LRC.
Took a little while but it was nice to finally try something different. Working on getting a “real” radio but with a baby on the way, money is tight. I am pretty good with electronics and have been looking for a homebrew option for getting on 6 and 10 meters. Anyone know of anything? I am pretty good with a soldering iron if it comes to that and Im not against doing a kit. Something that can interface with a computer would be great for digital modes.
submitted by /u/Chimbo84
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2fM4nPh
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment