So I’ve always taken a casual interest in ham radio. As a kid I loved tinkering with scrap electronics to try and make new things, or jury-rig old broken things. So the idea of being able to tinker and modify something so basic yet so advanced is very appealing to me.
Once I discovered you needed a license to operate one though I sort of stopped pursuing it. I figured it’d be expensive to get or hard to pass and take thousands of dollars worth of class tuition to pass, like lots of other licenses. Recently though, I found out that the tests are actually pretty cheap, and on Tuesday they’ll be giving the exam at a place near me for free! While that’s short notice, it wouldn’t hurt to try at least.
So my question is, how difficult is the technician exam? I’m competent with science, physics, and electronics, and based on what I’ve seen on sample questions, a lot of it seems like common sense stuff, especially if it’s multiple choice. So would the average Joe be alright with just brushing up on some sample questions or should I buy a review book? Either way I’m taking the test on Tuesday because it wouldn’t hurt to try. I’d just like to know what my odds are.
submitted by /u/Skirtz
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2foNPMC
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment