Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Monday, November 21, 2016

Pullin’ my hair out: Making FLDigi/FLRig make nice with a Heath SB-1400/Yaesu FT-747GX?

Uhg.

So the FT-747GX uses TTL level logic — so I got an FTDI chip cable. The Heath SB-1400 (what I have) is an FT-747GX with Heath’s name slapped on it and better knobs.

SO I want rigcat control. I’ve beaten my head against it for an evening. First, I beat my head against FLDigi; I learnt me a “FLDigi should use flrig”. So I grab flrig. Flrig claims to support the FT-747GX.

When I attempt to configure FLrig to talk to the radio, my radio makes some fantastic noises that can be easily described as “having ones mind suction-cupped through a blender and presented /r/fifthworldproblems for a day” The radio otherwise works, just gets really jiggered around until you reboot it, toggle the VFO a few times and spin through the bands.

I’ve made my own parts for this. In the interest of completeness, here’s the layout of the pins:

Rig side
1 GND BLK
2 SERIN BRN
3 SEROUT RED
4 PTT ORG
5 AGC YEL
6 NC NC
FTDI side
Red wire 5V
Black wire GND BLK rig side.
White wire RXD RED rig side?
Green wire TXD BRN rig side?
Yellow wire RTS NC
Blue wire CTS

Halp.

submitted by /u/indrora
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gu8akL
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment