Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Station Remote Control with Satellite Internet?

Hey all. I haven’t been a very active ham for a few years due to being in an apartment, but I’m trying to flesh out a possible remote control setup.

My folks have recently purchased their eventual retirement property in rural Arkansas. I’d love to put up an HF rig out there and possibly use remote control from my apartment in Dallas. However, the only high-speed internet available out there is by satellite. I’d probably end up footing the internet bill for my folks if I were to do this.🙂

Does anyone have any experience using satellite internet with their remote control setup? I know bandwidth wouldn’t be much of a problem but what about latency? I would probably be focusing more on digital modes. Any tips are welcome!

submitted by /u/Leofan7
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2f35KcT
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment