So I’ve been debating about whether to return to a previous 2×1 I had…and discovered that a previous owner prior to me has reclaimed it. That’s OK by me, makes my decision that much easier. But I was a bit surprised to learn that any previous callsign holder can reclaim it within the 2-year window before it becomes available again.
Actually, this is the rule (according to AE7Q):
A: FCC Former primary station holder Former primary station holder (“By checking this box, I certify that the call sign being requested was assigned to my station within the past 2 years and that I can provide documentation, if requested.”) – This is the vanity request type to use when requesting a callsign that you have previously held, and you have documentation to prove it.
The previous owner gave up the call well prior to 2 years ago, so I guess the request wasn’t legit after all. But I’m not going to complain about it, just a heads’ up for anyone sitting on the fence about returning to a previous call.
submitted by /u/pongo000
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gewjsu
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment