Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Saturday, March 1, 2014


Page last updated on: Saturday, March 1, 2014

Caribbean tour

Mike, DF8AN, will once again be active from the Caribbean.
Activity will be during most of April.
His scheduled operations and callsigns are as follows:
Antigua - V26MN between April 15-16th; IOTA NA-015;
WW. Grid FK97
Montserrat - VP2MMN between April 16-24th; IOTA NA-103;
WW. Grid FK86
St. Kitts - V4/DF8AN between April 24-25th; IOTA NA-104
WW. Grid FK 87
Nevis - V4/DF8AN between April 25-29th; IOTA NA-104
WW. Grid FK 87
If like last time, look for him to be on all HF bands, 160-6 meters.
He operates mainly on CW using 100 watts using an Alinco DX70 into a
long wire and dipole antennas.
QSL via DF8AN, direct or by the QSL Bureau.
ADDED NOTE FROM DF8AN (last operation): Mike informs OPDX readers
"If anyone hears me on a frequency, and if anyone needs me on another frequency or mode, you can contact me via SMS (text message) on
this cellular P H O N E N O.: +491716232751 But please, no telephone calls. I will not answer any telephone call.
"If anyone wants a sked: send me a SMS with callsign and QRG and mode, and I will QSY if possible. But please accept that I am not on the air 24/7 around the clock. If you hear me (for example on 14 CW) and need me (for example on 18 SSB), send me SMS like this example: DL1ABC 18165. I will QSY as soon as possible to that new frequency.
"Please only short SMS. I have NO internet at my location and can NOT check my E-mails. I work only CW and SSB all bands include 6m. And PSE accept, that I am not there for amateur radio as a main reason. I work for the Civil Aviation Office and for that reason, I have to work some hours/day, hi... But if anyone hears me and needs me on another band - let me know.
OPDX
 
Share this page w

No comments:

Post a Comment