So 40 years ago, I got my Novice license and soon thereafter got a Tech license. I learned radio the old school way, and my first station was a Hallicrafters SX-71 and a home build crystal CW rig made of of a surplus radio called a command set with a couple 807s for the final. I had a dozen 40 meter crystals and had a lot of fun– eventually I had a 2 meter radio, and built a lot of stuff.
The old Tech license was the General test with 5WPM code– in the intervening years the FCC has done away with the code, and said 20 years ago if you had one of the old Tech licenses you could upgrade to General.– I had the page out of a 1979 callbook, and went in today to a VE exam, and finally took care of it… I looked at the Extra questions the other day and besides the new laws and digital stuff I might just go take that exam next month.
submitted by /u/searust
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2eRRNOF
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment