I have really been wanting to get more active on HF. I have my dual band setup in my daily driver, which I listen to almost daily throughout the work week on my way to and from work. I sold my IC-7200 earlier this year because I just never got a good base antenna setup, to which I still don’t have, and I also needed the money to pay down another hobby.
Now that I have my dual bander set up mobile, I find myself tinkering with it a lot more, and I figure I would be the same with HF mobile. I know a lot of people have HF mobile set ups, but I just don’t know a lot about the actual usages. Do you guys with mobile HF setups talk while moving? Or is it the kind of thing that doesn’t work well while moving, or does it even matter? I know antennae are subjective, as well as radios, but I’m looking at the TS-480SAT and the FT-891. Which would you go for, and why?
submitted by /u/10151774
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2fkIMMx
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment