Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Looking for DMR Resources or Information

So, I don’t know much about DMR, but I have the radios and have been lurking in the San Jose area for quite some time and listening in to various channels. I’ve been impressed to hear people conversing from places like Massachusetts to Minnesota and even Hawaii.

The time to lurk is over and to play with the network is now here. However, someone I know that is in the Southern California (e.g. LA) area has a similar radio. I found a radio plug that should work for them and have tried to make contact with them based on talkgroups like TAC 310, 311, 312, WW, and the California talk groups, but haven’t had much success. My contact has successfully tried Parrot, but that’s as far as it’s got. (The parrot test just tells me that they can actually use the radio successfully on those repeaters)

So, based on my fundamental lack of knowledge, can anyone recommend documentation or information to fill in some of my gaps?

My codeplug came from: http://ift.tt/2fqwdx4 The codeplug I recommended (and then told them a few specific repeaters to try) to my contact in SoCal is at: http://papasys.com/dmr/

Somewhere, there has to be a connection between the two halves of the state, but I’m just not seeing it.

submitted by /u/thatpragmaticlizard
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2g6qfTb
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment