After doing quite a bit of research (including asking questions here), I’ve decide on a vent pipe installation for my 2m/70cm base station antenna (probably x50A or GP-3).
Right now my biggest unknown is how to get the feedline from the antenna into the attic. After ruling out drilling any holes in my roof, and accounting for the HOA/SAF, I’ve narrowed it down to:
1) Cable down through the vent pipe and out through a hole in the pipe into the attic. Seal up the hole and be done. 2) Feed the line in through the ridge vent.
I have yet to get up on the roof to see if the ridge vent would even be possible. Has anyone tried this? I’ll be installing a pre-fabricated cable with PL-259 connectors.
Thanks!
Edit: I should mention: I’m considering the ridge vent since it’s only about 2′ from the vent pipe.
submitted by /u/mumrah
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2ggO2CT
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment