Hey all! I recently got our club’s 2-meter repeater turned over to me to maintain. It’s been a pretty reliable machine so far (been on the air for 9+ years and all we’ve had to really do with it is upgrade the controller to something better). Thing is, I’ve never been in charge of a repeater before, so I’d like to build something from the ground up so I really know what I’m doing with it (I learn best by doing). We had a 440 machine for which the hardware belonged to the ham who was maintaining the system, so when he moved out of the area, he took all the hardware. I’d like to rebuild that system – already checked with the state freq coordinator, and we are still coordinated on that pair. Thing is, it seems the pickings on the bay for older Motorola gear (like GM300’s) are slim pickings. I ordered 3 radios from a seller with the proper model number for a UHF 40W repeater, and ended up with one VHF, one 10W UHF (which could be used as the receiver radio), and one I can’t tell the model number of at all, since most of the label is torn off – I can only see it IS in the right frequency range, but can’t see the first part of the model that indicates the power output. So I’m asking, what are some sources for this older stuff other than E-Bay? I’ve got the ability to program them already, just need to find radios!
submitted by /u/jerutley
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2fw5388
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment