I’m currently a Technician operator, working on upgrading to General. However, I was thinking that since I study at a university that mainly focuses on STEM majors, there may be other students who could be interested in amateur radio. I’m thinking of starting a club, but I’m unsure if I should wait until I upgrade my license or just go right ahead and start now. Additionally, there aren’t any existing amateur radio clubs locally, as far as I know, so I must ask: what sort of activities are clubs generally expected to do? I was thinking of holding free courses to teach people what they need to know in order to pass the licensing examinations and get on air, as well as holding activities open to the general public to raise awareness of and generate interest in the hobby. I live in Puerto Rico, and we get many storms and hurricanes, so emcomm would be another cool thing to practice in the context of a club. Ideas?
submitted by /u/WP4PEL
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gqzY9N
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment