Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Monday, November 14, 2016

Question on particular Radio type/possibility

I have done a little research but I’ve found it difficult since I don’t know what terms or vocabulary to use that would get an answer to my question without a more descriptive way of asking, so I have come to visit here in the hope of gaining some knowledge๐Ÿ™‚

I have been looking into getting an intercom style set up for a motorcycle “group” of around 3-4 people, and found that the usually used bluetooth intercom systems that have more than 2 person connectivity are super expensive so I have moved onto considering a radio set up on each bike. Now the main question is is there a mobile radio set up or type that has the ability to act almost like a phone? As in: if you are receiving from one person in the group who is broadcasting to everyone, you can start transmitting at the same time and successfully broadcast to the group also?

The only info I’ve found so far is from this website in the “Commerical Two Way Radios” section saying:

An example of a two way radio that both transmits and receives at the same time (or full-duplex) is a mobile phone or cellular telephone, which uses two different radio frequencies to carry the two directions of the conversation simultaneously.

Is that just telling me to use a cell phone instead? That’s what I don’t want.

Any education / advice / suggestions / help / “BUY THIS ONE” is much appreciated๐Ÿ™‚

submitted by /u/PointingShitOut
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8212326 http://ift.tt/2gbBCvP
via IFTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment