Search This Blog

DXER Ham Radio DX News

The latest dx news/current propagation and more. Visit mike's Amateur Radio Page at www.qsl.net/swlham

Sunday, May 26, 2013

G0MGX on-the-air from Qatar

Mark, G0MGX, is currently working and spending some of his time in the state of Qatar. After a long wait, he now has the appropriate permissions to operate as A71/G0MGX in accordance with the reciprocal licensing agreement between the Qatar and UK governments.

Mark states,
"I will be operating casually during evenings and some weekends (Fri and Sat in the Middle East) primarily in RTTY and JT65 modes. So far I have experienced some very big pileups on RTTY so please be patient - I am not an experienced DXpedition operator! The Qatar Amateur Radio Society have made me very welcome and I am very grateful to them for the support and help they have given me."

Mark's setup is a FT-450 and Buddypole. He has provided the ARRL with the necessary documents of licensing for all his callsigns and uploads to LoTW regularly.

Visit his Blog page for updates and other details at:
http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/a7-land-a71a-ah-qatar.html

OPDX

No comments:

Post a Comment